Your Divorce Advisor : A Lawyer and a Psychologist GuideYou Through the Legal and Emotional Landscape of Divorce (Paperback)
by Diana Mercer (Author), Marsha Kline Pruett (Author)
A lawyer and a psychologist offer a groundbreaking divorce strategy that protects both your finances and your family.
From your first thought of divorce through the final paperwork, Your Divorce Advisor takes you step by step toward a divorce that dissolves the marriage but not your dignity, your sense of family, or your financial security. Whether you hire a lawyer or a mediator, or do it yourself, this practical, direct, and empowering guide offers you the wise counsel you need for both the legal and the emotional processes of ending your marriage.
Your Divorce Advisor shows you how to:
- Keep a healthy perspective that leads to a successful legal strategy and recognize when emotions threaten your case
- Protect your assets without destroying your family
- Detailed coverage of all your legal options and guidance through every legal step, including anticipating the emotional repercussions of your decisions
- More information on custody than any other divorce book, including age-appropriate custody schedules
- A sample divorce agreement explained one paragraph at a time
Your Divorce Advisor helps you set yourself and your family on a positive course toward a new life.
About the Author
Diana Mercer, J.D., is a divorce mediator in Santa Monica, California, and a partner in the law firm of Noyes & Mercer, P.C., which specializes exclusively in family relations law.