Trade Information Center, CS, ITA,
U.S. Department of Commerce
What is the TIC (Trade Information Center)?
The Trade Information Center (TIC), a U.S. Commercial Service (CS) resource, is the first stop for companies seeking export assistance from the federal government and comprehensive export counseling programs.
TIC trade specialists: advise exporters on how to find and use government programs; guide businesses through the export process; direct businesses to market research and trade leads; provide information on overseas and domestic trade events and activities; supply sources of public and private export financing; inform callers on how to access reports and statistics from the computerized National Trade Data Bank (NTDB); and direct businesses to state and local trade organizations that provide additional assistance.
The TIC also provides export counseling for Western Europe, Asia, the Western Hemisphere, Africa, and the Near East. TIC trade specialists can assist exporters on: import tariffs/taxes and customs procedures; standards, intellectual property rights, government procurement, and other commercial laws, regulations, and practices; distribution channels, business travel, and other market information; opportunities and best prospects for U.S. companies in individual markets; and difficulties encountered on specific commercial transactions.
The TIC is located in the Department of Commerce’s USA Trade Center in Washington, DC, which also offers additional counseling and assistance services, including counseling on Eastern Europe and the Newly Independent States.
Commercial Service trade specialists working in the TIC:
- Advise U.S. firms on all government export programs
- Guide businesses through the export process
- Provide country and regional business counseling on standards and trade regulations, disÂtribution channels, opportunities and best prospects for U.S. companies, tariffs and border taxes, customs procedures, and common commercial difficulties
- Direct businesses to market research and trade leads
- Assist businesses with the North American Free Trade Agreement Certificate of Origin and with other free trade agreements
- Provide information on overseas and domestic trade events and activities
- Refer businesses to state and local trade organizations that provide additional assistance
For more information, visit www.export.gov. To contact a CS trade specialist, call 800-USA-TRAD(E) (800-872-8723), fax (202) 482-4473, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.