If you want to build an addition or a deck, install an in-ground swimming pool, or make major alterations to your home, you usually must first obtain a clearance from your local zoning board. Before work begins, you’ll also need to obtain (for a fee) a building permit from your local building department, the agency that establishes standards for construction materials and procedures. The building department will review and approve your plans, inspect the work as it’s done, and, finally, approve the project at its completion.

Need help? Contact us here at WORLD LAW DIRECT for further information and all your legal needs… Click “ASK OUR LAWYERS” above.

See also…

Construction and Renovation