Petition for Alien Fiance(e)

[I-129F, Petition for Alien Fianc?©(e)]

IMPORTANT: Information on this site may be outdated. For up-to-date instructions and filing fees check always with the USCIS site:

Purpose of Form :

To petition to bring your fianc?©(e) and that person’s children to the U.S. for marriage to you or to bring your spouse and that person’s children (K-3 and K-4 visas, respectively) to the United States to complete processing for permanent resident status (under the LIFE Act and Amendments of 2000).

Number of Pages :

Instructions: 7; Form: 3.

Edition Date :

07/30/07, 11/24/06 editions can be used, no other editions accepted.

Where to File :

Please review the Chart listed in “Related Links,” in the upper right corner of this web page, or the Form I-129F instructions available at the bottom of the page, for specific information on where to file your Form I-129F.

Filing Fee :

$455. There is no fee for petitions for K-3 status based on an immigrant petition filed by the same U.S. citizen.

Special Instructions :

Please note: You will need version 7 or later of Adobe Reader software to use this form. You can download the latest version of Adobe Reader for free from the Adobe website.

Note on Where to File :

If you are filing for your fiance(e), file this petition at the Service Center with jurisdiction over your area of residence. See the related link “Where Do I File?” for which Service Center has jurisdiction over your area of residence.

If you are filing for your fiance(e) and live outside the United States, submit this petition to the Service Center with jurisdiction over your last place of residence in the U.S.

If you are a U.S. citizen, and are using this form to bring in your wife or unmarried child under the LIFE Act, file this petition at:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 7218
Chicago, IL 60680-7218

Download Instructions for completing Form I-129F (219KB PDF)

Download I-129F (201KB PDF)

Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
OMB No. 1615-0001; Expires 01/31/2010
I-129F, Petition for Alien Fianc?©(e)


Updated Filing Address Information: The filing addresses provided on this form reflect the most current information as of the date this form was last printed. If you are filing Form I-140 more than 30 days after the latest edition date shown on the lower right-hand corner, please visit us online at before you file, and check the Forms and Fees page to confirm the correct filing address and version currently in use. Check the edition date located in the lower right-hand corner of the form. If the edition date on your Form I-129F matches the edition date listed for Form I-129F on the online Forms and Fees page, your version is current and will be accepted by USCIS. If the edition date on the online version is later, download a copy and use the online version. If you do not have Internet access, call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283 to verify the current filing address and edition date. Prior versions of this form will be rejected, and the fee returned, with instructions to resubmit the entire filing using the current version of the form.