PROCEDURES GOVERNING THE CARRYING OF GOLD AND SILVER
INTO OR OUT OF CHINA
(Promulgated by the People’s Bank of China and the Customs General Administration of the People’s Republic of China on February 1, 1984)
SUBJECT: FINANCE & BANKING
ISSUING-DEPT: PEOPLE’S BANK OF CHINA
[Article 1] These Regulations are formulated for the purpose of implementing Articles 25 to 29 of the “Regulations for Gold and Silver Control of the People’s Republic of China”.
[Article 2] At the point of entry or exit, passengers, consignees and consignors or their agents, must declare to the Customs the amount of gold, silver or gold and silver wares they carry into or out of China. Passengers who secretly carry gold, silver or such wares out of China without declaring them to the Customs, or by other means try to evade Customs supervision and control, shall be dealt with as smugglers.
[Article 3] No restrictions are imposed on the amount of gold, silver or such wares carried into China, but passengers must declare to the Customs the kind, amount and weight of the objects. The Customs shall only permit the same kind and amount declared in the declaration form to be carried out. Those gold or silver objects which have not been declared to the Customs by the carrier upon entry, or those in excess of the amount and weight declared at the time of entry are not permitted to be carried out.
[Article 4] Passengers who buy gold or silver ornaments (including new gold or silver inlaid ornaments and wares) with foreign currency within China and who carry, ship or mail them out of China, shall produce a “Special Receipt” given by the shops dealing in gold and silver wares (printed in a unified form by the People’s Bank of China (hereinafter referred to as the “PBC”) and issued by its local branches for checking at the Customs. Such ornaments are not permitted to be carried out without this “Special Receipt.”
[Article 5] The following regulations are applied to Chinese citizens and foreign nationals residing in China and other passengers carrying gold, silver or such wares out of the country:
(1) For those going abroad or to Xianggang Hong Kong or Aomen Macao to pay official visits, visit relatives, travel, work or study, the maximum limit of gold and silver to be taken out per person is 5 qian (equivalent to 15.625 grams) for gold ornaments and 5 liang (equivalent to 156.25 grams) for silver ornaments. Gold and silver are permitted to be carried out within the limit after a check has been made and the objects declared at the Customs, but they must be brought back upon return of the carrier;
(2) For emigrants to foreign countries or to Hong Kong or Macao, the maximum limit of gold and silver to be carried out per person is 1 liang (equivalent to 31.25 grams) for gold ornaments and 10 liang (equivalent to 312.50 grams) for silver ornaments, and 20 liang (equivalent to 625 grams) for silver utensils. Such objects are permitted to be carried out within the limit after a check at the Customs; and
(3) Those carrying an amount of gold and silver beyond the limit are required, before exit, to submit a certificate issued by the administrative or production unit, or neighbourhood committee, or local people’s government (people’s commune) to the local branch of the PBC or its agency for verification of the kind and amount of the objects to be carried and apply for a “Permit for Taking Gold and Silver out of the Country” which shall be checked by the Customs. Such objects are not permitted to be carried out without the Permit.
[Article 6] The following regulations are applied to foreign trade companies, industrial and trade companies, enterprises with overseas Chinese or foreign capital, and joint ventures, which import gold and silver as raw materials and export products containing gold and silver:
(1) No limit is set by the Customs on the amount of gold and silver imported as raw materials from abroad or from Hong Kong or Macao;
(2) The above-mentioned enterprises and companies are required to submit a copy of the declaration form for importing gold and silver and of the contract for processing gold and silver to the local branch of the PBC for registering and checking the weight, purity and usage of these materials;
(3) Before leaving the factory, all products made of gold or silver either imported or supplied by the PBC, with whatever purity percentage of gold or silver, shall be subjected to examination by the local branch of the PBC regarding the percentage of gold and silver, checking against the contract the registration on each consignment. According to the above-mentioned items, the local branch of the PBC shall issue a “Permit for Exportation of Gold or Silver Products”; and
(4) Exit of gold or silver products is permitted by the Customs according to the certificates and documents concerned stipulated in the preceding items. The gold and silver objects not confirmed by a certificate issued by the PBC or exceeding the quantity specified in the permit are not permitted to be carried out.
[Article 7] These Regulations shall take effect on February 15, 1984.
[silver jewelry, gold coins, gold price, gold jewelry, gold charms, silver coins, silver necklaces, gold necklaces, silver charms, silver jewlery, gold bracelets, silver earrings, silver rings, silver bracelets, gold earrings, gold pendants, coin silver, gold jewlery, silver necklace, silver pendants, gold necklace, antique china, silver jewerly, gold beads, silver jewelery, 14k silver, gold wholesale, crystal gold, gold chains, gold bracelet, silver chains, gold jewerly, gold rings, silver bracelet, silver beads, gold jewelery, silver wholesale, chinese china, gold chain, silver chain, gold jewellery, gold coin, gold stone, silver ring, antique silver, gold cross, silver jewellery, platinum gold, sterling gold, silver stone, royal china, silver costume, gold ring, silver cross, silver sterling, silver pearl, silver pin, turquoise gold, silver crystal, gold pearl, silver diamond, gold 14k, gold pin, gemstone silver, silver glass, turquoise silver, gold costume, pewter gold, silver heart, antique gold,
gemstone gold, fine gold, designer silver, gold heart, designer gold, vintage silver, handmade silver, gold bead, bead silver, diamond gold, vintage gold, beaded silver, handmade gold, gold cheats, mens gold, mens silver]